This Service Level Agreement (the “SLA”) is an integral part of your agreement with Permalink, Inc. for the provision of services (collectively the “Services”) set forth on the Service and Pricing Order Form. The SLA defines the terms of our responsibility concerning the Services that we provide (the Service Commitments) and your remedies in the event we fail to meet these Service Commitments. This SLA represents Permalink’s sole obligation and your exclusive remedy for our failure to meet such Service Commitments.
The Service Commitments under this SLA are as follows:
Description of Service
- Permalink is a web support, hosting, maintenance, and consulting service specialized in WordPress solutions crafted to operators of websites running on single-site installations of WordPress.
- Permalink service does not support WordPress Multisite installations.
Your WordPress Site VS Our Hosting Service
Your WordPress website is unique to you. You’ve chosen the plugins, the theme, and made any manner of customization to it. Your audience is also unique to your site. They may purchase goods, browse articles, or reply to questions in an online survey. These choices and decisions are all factors that influence how your website may perform. For instance, a random blog site may easily handle millions of page views, while a casual corporate website may barely handle ten visitors concurrently before suffering performance problems. Each website will perform differently under identical hosting plans. Therefore in nearly every case: A 503 error on your website is not an outage of our hosting service.
There are some cases where our service would be to blame, though: we misconfigured something, our automation failed, or there is a bug in our code. This distinction between your site and our service is essential to understand in the context of an SLA.
We at Permalink, Inc.. will do everything we can to help you succeed, respond to issues that may arise promptly and professionally, and offer guidance and advice on best practices as it pertains to WordPress performance and security.
WordPress Support Requests and Reasonable Use
- WordPress tasks or support must be requested through email or via live chat and responded to in a reasonable amount of time. Our support hours depend on the level of your plan. Pro plan may have higher availability, but our default hours are 9:00 a.m – 5:00 p.m EST (Eastern Standard Time).
- Our Flat plan offers a support availability on business hours plus a response time of one business day. Priority support is exclusive of our Pro plan.
- Each WordPress request is subject to a maximum of 30 minutes of development. Exclusively our Managed Services Team (MST) shall determine the effort required for solving the issue or for attending the request. Depending on your plan, developer support and customization hours may be billed at an additional fee per hour, per request, just in case your demands are outside of our scope of Service.
- Up to 24 hours response time on non-emergency requests and WordPress requests are subject to approval by assigned agent or Permalink management. Emergency or rush requests may be subject to a rush surcharge of a fee per hour.
Nature of WordPress Support Requests
We cover all issues directly related to WordPress and its plugins and themes, as long as they are either custom or GPL compatible. The goal is to work with you to troubleshoot any issues, help optimize your WordPress, and offer best practices. As examples, the requests should fall within the following categories:
- WordPress Dashboard Administration
- Consulting on theme options
- Backup your site
- Check Google indexing
- Check page size and load time
- Clean up malware
- Clean up spam
- Configure a plugin
- Create backups
- Fix issues after a WordPress core update
- Help with templates
- Improve your site security
- Improve your site speed
- Install a WordPress caching plugin
- Install a WordPress comment system
- Install a WordPress plugin
- Install a favicon
- Make small fixes to the header, sidebar, and other sections of the site
- Optimize images
- Prevent spam
- Recommend a plugin
- Recover a hacked site
- Setup redirects
- Solve alignment issues
- Tweak your CSS
- Update a plugin
- Update your theme
- Consulting on Woocommerce
- Upgrade WordPress core
- WordPress Security Support
- Page Builders Support (Elementor, Divi, Gutenberg, Visual Composer, WP Bakery)
Here are the WordPress tasks or Requests that are outside of our scope of Service:
- Website redesign
- Landing page design
- Custom plugin development
- Custom theme development
- Search marketing/SEO services
- Add or develop custom functionality to a plugin
- Boost page ranks
- Build a new site
- Building site backlinks
- Configure a new theme
- Create a Google Plus business listing
- Create a plugin
- Create images
- Create page templates
- Increasing site traffic
- Make your website mobile responsive
- Multisite support
- Paid marketing
- Payment gateway configuration
- Phone support
- Recommend a theme
- Remove theme customizations
- Research previous theme customizations
- Set up email accounts
- Set up or install a new theme from scratch
- Set up a template for specific pages
- Sites containing explicit contents
- Transfer a non-WP site to WordPress
- Update a highly customized theme
- Creating, updating and posting content
Unless you are a Pro plan subscriber or you have a custom solution package with us, if you don’t see your task listed above, submit a support request by email to email@example.com and ask if we can help you with your problem.
We run a nightly backup to Amazon S3 and Digital Ocean Cloud Storage for each Customer. The retention period is 14 days. Users may request at any time a full copy of their site’s files and database.
Right to Modify
We may modify any aspect of this SLA with or without prior notice. Should you wish to terminate the Service as a result of such modification, you may do so by sending a termination notice to us any time before the effective date of such change. Absent such termination notice, the new version of the SLA shall apply from the effective date for as long as you continue using our Services.